1. The congress organisation (ICORS2022) reserves the right to change the venue or date of its conference up until the month before the congress. In the event that the venue or date are changed, ICORS2022 will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants. ICORS2022 will honor transfer of registration fees to the new date/venue. If you are no longer able to attend, ICORS2022 will return the registration fee minus an administrative cost, determined at the time.
2. The congress organisation (ICORS2022) reserves the right to change the content or speakers of its conference at any time without notification and will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants.
3. There will be either a partial or no refund in the case of the scientific programme and/or social events being partially or entirely delayed or cancelled because of events outside ICORS2022's reasonable control. The following events shall be taken to be outside ICORS2022's reasonable control: (a) acts of nature - natural disasters (e.g. earthquake, mountain slide); (b) outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, invasion of UK; (c) act of any government or relevant authority (including refusal or revocation of any license or consent); (d) fire, explosion, flood, leakage of water, extreme freezing fog, high winds or any other weather conditions, which, in the opinion of ICORS2022, renders the provision of the Service at that time impractical; (e) power failure; (f) default or delay of or change in arrangements made by suppliers, third party providers or sub-contractors; (g) theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out or industrial action of any kind; (h) declaration of Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) or a pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO); (i) any cause or circumstances whatsoever beyond ICORS2022's reasonable control.
4. The congress organisation (ICORS2022) does not take out insurance to cover participants (or accept responsibility) against accidents, injury or loss suffered while attending events or other risks.
5. The congress organisation (ICORS2022) accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred of personal belongings deposited in the congress centre or of any material submitted to the conference (e.g. abstracts). These are the responsibility of the individual participant.
6. The copyright of all presentation material rests with the presenter and ICORS2022 may not be held responsible for any infringements as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander or any misuse of any material.
This disclaimer applies to the website of ICORS2022 (the "Site") including all web-pages produced by the congress organisation (ICORS2022).
The congress organisation (ICORS2022) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality or functionality of this Site. Access to the Site may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason. Moreover, the congress organisation (ICORS2022) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the security and confidentiality of any internet-transmission to or from the Site. Therefore, the Site or any of the fax and mailing addresses should not be used to send confidential information.
Even though great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of any material and information appearing on this Site, the congress organisation (ICORS2022) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to its content, accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose.
To the full extent permissible by law, the congress organisation (ICORS2022) disclaims all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, personal injury, financial loss, damages for loss in business projects, loss of profits or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site or any material or information appearing on the Site or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such material or information.
This Site contains links to external sites. The congress organisation (ICORS2022) is not responsible for and has no control over the content of such sites. Information available via hypertext link from the congress organisation (ICORS2022) is made available without responsibility on the part of the congress organisation (ICORS2022).
Advertising Material Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Site complies with all relevant laws and regulations as well as ethical and medical standards. The congress organisation (ICORS2022) will not take responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in advertising material. Appearance on this Site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of a product or of the allegations made by the manufacturers.
Copyright Unless otherwise stated, the copyright of all material published on this Site (not including abstracts) is owned by the congress organisation (ICORS2022). Prints or download extracts from this material are permitted for educational and research purposes or personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial use. No part of, or any material appearing on, the Site may be reproduced, stored in or transmitted on any other web-site (incl. intranet) nor is it permitted to create any derivative works based on the works contained on this Site without written permission of the congress organisation (ICORS2022).
Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy for ICORS events Please be aware that registration for ICORS events confirms acceptance of this privacy notice: ICORS will be capturing the images of attendees at its events, including its conferences, symposia, webinars, and other virtual events, with photographic and video recording devices to be used for the exclusive purposes of ICORS, including being used for marketing, the ICORS website, social media or historical records of ICORS and may be shown to the public at large. ICORS will only process these images of you in support of or furtherance of ICORS. This notice applies to images stored on ICORS central database, as well as, to future images or recordings. Please be aware that ICORS will also at times be using an automated system at conferences or virtual events (webinars, symposia etc.) that allows for the possible audio and/or video recording of lectures and then may make these available on the conference digital application as a learning resource at ICORS's discretion. Presenters will be forewarned and/or given the option to decline the recording by ICORS of their presentation. ICORS cannot be responsible for the actions of audience participants (for example, personal screenshots, recordings or mobile photographs). ICORS strongly discourages participants from taking photos, screenshots or recordings in any manner of the presentations without the explicit consent of the presenter(s) in the interests to foster a collaborative and collegial 'open science' forum. It is the sole responsibility of presenters to determine carefully what research to disclose when presenting. ICORS encourages presenters to carefully consider the degree of detail disclosed in advance of any disclosure, so as not to jeopardize any prospects, and we recommend seeking professional advice on such matters. If a recording of a lecture is going to take place at a time you are in attendance (physically or virtually), you will be informed (verbally or digitally) prior to the start of any recording taking place and where it will be made available. Explicit consent is therefore not sought from individuals. Those who do not wish to participate may choose not to attend or refrain from asking questions if they so wish, or turn off their camera and mute themselves for virtual events. ICORS respects the privacy of individuals and their rights to their personal information. ICORS will remove any photographs upon written request by individuals who object to the use of the image where they are recognizable within the image.
1. Changes to this notice We will update this Notice from time to time and will communicate material changes to you before they become effective by the best means available to us.
2. Personal information collected We hold your personal information or data that you provide to us when you register for ICORS2022.
3. Purpose of processing 3.1. To send you news relevant to ICORS2022 using an e-mail delivery system. 3.2. To keep in contact with you about our news, events, new website features, services or new products that we believe may interest you. 3.3. To use data analytics to improve our website, services and experiences. Note: EU GDPR article 6 (lawfulness of processing) information: as data controller, each publisher determines the legal basis upon which it processes the personal data of European individuals. These bases may include your consent and the necessity of fulfilling a contract with you.
4. Recipients of the information Your personal information that we hold will be: 4.1. Accessed by ICORS2022 whose roles require access to your data. Our personnel are bound to confidentiality terms, which cover their obligations to protect personal data. 4.2. Disclosed when required to by law.
5. Information security We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorised access or use. These measures include firewalls, role-based data access and physical access controls to data centres. However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorised acquisition or alteration of your data will never occur.
6. Your right and choices You may contact us with questions or requests concerning our use of your information, for example to request access to the data that we hold about you, or request that it be corrected or erased.
7. Sharing data directly with third parties You might end up providing personal information directly to third parties as a consequence of your interactions with our website and other services offered by us. For example, you may attend an event hosted by us where you communicate personal information directly with other attendees. We are not responsible for how such third parties use personal data provided by you. Please be responsible with personal information of others when using our website and the services available on it. We are not responsible for your misuse of personal information or for the direct relationship between you and others when takes place outside of the website or our services.
8. Contact us: For privacy requests and queries, contact us at:
ICORS2022CHARACTER SEQUENCE@ed.ac.uk or click to email.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction This site is solely governed by UK substantive law, regardless of where the person using the site resides or where this person made her posting, transaction or connection with the site. Any controversy with respect to the use of the Site will be decided by the courts of Edinburgh, UK. By participating on the Site, you acknowledge that you are aware of the terms as aforesaid, that you understand these terms and that you agree to be bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, you should not access or use the Site.
The International Combined Orthopaedic Research Societies (ICORS) serves as an alliance of societies to promote basic, translational, and clinical musculoskeletal research worldwide. The Combined Meeting was launched in 1992 and has convened every three years since On October 15, 2013, at the 8th Combined Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Societies hosted by the European Orthopaedic Research in Venice, Italy, a new alliance was formed; the International Combined Orthopaedic Research Societies. Nine organizations were selected and approved as the founding members; Australia/New Zealand ORS, British ORS, Canadian ORS, Chinese ORS, European ORS, Japanese Orthopaedic Association, Korean ORS, the Orthopaedic Research Society, and the Taiwanese ORS.